George Adams, a store keeper who owned what was to become Gardiner's Store before Gardiner. Adams had a home on the waterfront.
James R. Agar was a member of the Crescent Beach Development Company. Agar had one of the first houses completed in 1912; Ivy Lodge.
Named after Camp Alexandra. This short street gives the camp access to the beach.
Annandale homesteaded at Crescent Beach but his holdings were north–east of Sullivan Street. Walter Blackie purchased lot 52 a 150 acres in fee simple from Musslewhite, a member of the Royal Engineers, on February 14, 1871. On March 17, 1871 lot 52 was granted to Mussellwhite for "diverse good causes and considerations". On December 29, 1875 the Deed transfer for lot 52 occurred between Musselwhite to Walter Blackie for consideration of one dollar. With the almost five year delay in the transfer of the Deed after the original purchase, Annandale lost his claim to his homestead on the beach. He owned property before Dr. Dunsmuir turned it into a farm.
Emil Asbeck had a home on the site of what is now Dr. King's Office. He was a handyman who worked as a plumber, electrician or carpenter.
He came to Crescent Beach in 1910 and was a well known "Jack–of–all–trades".
He did a lot of house construction in early Crescent Beach.
He also worked for the Crescent Beach Water Works.
Asbeck lane changes to Bahr Lane after it crosses Beecher. It is a lane that was never put through but Mrs. Hallas (or Hallat), Bahr's daughter, insisted as all the other lanes were being named after residents who resided close by she deserved to have the lane named after her family. So, there is a sign post on Beecher and no lane.
The street that parallels the railway tracks. The homes built on the edge of the bluff along the street have a view of the bay.
Named after the Beckett Family who lived on the road. Mrs. Beckett had an supervisory position with Camp Alexandra.
Charles Beecher bought Walter Blackie's property, after his death, from his nephew's widow on August 11, 1906. Beecher died before the property was sold for development, and so did his wife. Their estate sold the property to the four first developers
Named after Walter Blackie who brought the property from Musslewhite, a Royal Engineer, in 1871. He built a cabin on the beach berm which became known as Blackie's Spit. The lane is three lots north of his cabin's location.
Is the road that runs alongside the west side of the Dunsmuir Farm.
Named after George Gardiner who owned and operated Gardiner's Store, formerly George Adam's Store.
Named after the Gilley family who operated a cement and gravel company in New Westminster. They had a summer home, a log home, on the beach front which remains in the family today. The Gilley family were also early loggers working the southern uplands in the vicinity of Elgin.
George Gordon with his family rented Walter Blackie's cabin and lived on the beach until the property was sold. The Byrom's were another family who rented the Blackie cottage before the Gordons. (See Gordon Family)
Named after the Kidd family who had a summer home near the point of what is now Blackies Spit. Kidd had the first lot going east at the point with always a well kept lawn and garden. The swim tank was out front. He was a staunch supported of the swim club. (See Crescent Beach Swim Club)
Has also been known as the Oyster Plant Road and Primrose Lane. It originally was the road to the Crescent Oyster Company. It was built on the railway right–of–way to give access to the trestle. It is now a gated road that leads to the pump that drains Crescent Beach and to the community gardens
The road that runs parallel to the railway tracks and becomes part of Gordon Avenue, Mackenzie Avenue, Taylor Lane, McBride Avenue and O'Hara Lane.
"McBride street in Crescent Beach was named after Uncle Dick McBride who had a store on the corner of McBride street and Beecher street – later owned by Dick "Pop" Taylor". From Sharon (McBride) Newton.
Named after an early surveyor/realtor who surveyed for one of the early staged subdivision plans for Crescent Beach.
James F. O'Hara was the surveyor who surveyed the first lots in Crescent Beach. He was an early Municipal engineer responsible for straightening out old paths and trails to provide more serviceable thoroughfares, and for changing road names. He retired in 1922.
Named after Tom Sullivan who had a summer home on the street. Sullivan was one of the Sullivan brothers that founded a mill and logging operation based in the community of Sullivan. (See Sullivan) He served three years as councilor and ten years, 1910 to 1920, as Reeve.
A short lane that runs on the side of Camp Alexandra.
Named after George Target who had a home on the beach. He was a trap maker, reflecting the abundance of crab fish in Boundary and Mud Bays. Later on he worked as a carpenter and had interests in the Crescent Beach Oyster Plant. (See Crescent Beach Oyster Company)
Named after Dick Taylor (Pop Taylor) worked as an electrician, a truck driver, and a store keeper, he owned McBride's Store after McBride.
He also operated an express truck service in 1912.
He had a house on McBride Avenue.
Taylor Lane changes into Wickham lane after it crosses Beecher.
Gilbert Tullock at one time lived in a house on Tullock Road.
He was a plumber and custodian of the Crescent Beach Water Works.
The well for the company was at the foot of Tullock Road at the old mill site.
The artesian well was the mill's well and water was pumped up to the storage tank near the present United Church to service the residents of Crescent Beach.
Is the short road that leads to the Government Wharf. William B. Wickson had the property to the north of the road bordering today's Blackies Spit. Wickson owned a large company, either Victoria Brick and Tile or Clayburn. Wickson was a local builder and contractor. The Wickson family were summer residents. Wickson worked with Dunsmuir to dyke and drain the north–eastern section of Crescent Beach.
Named after Captain Watkin Williams who owned a quarter section and build Crescent Lodge on it in 1906. Williams Road gave access to the Lodge.
The developers traded the property where the hotel was built, with Wadkin Williams, for the piece of land where the United Church was built because they did not want a church at the beach and the company did not want to operate a hotel.
Captain Williams also built the Crescent Beach Hotel at the end of Beecher Street and operated it from 1912 to 1928. (See Crescent Lodge and Hotel)